Error triying to install/compile Sparkle for Linux on RAD 11

While this works around it, it's not a solution as obviously it indicates that something is wrong with the Debug DCU's provided by Embarcadero. But yes, you can use this option to keep working with it until this mess is solved.

To all users that are still facing this issue in 11.1, could you please help us try to solve this issue by answering the following questions:

1. Do you have the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\22.0\lib\linux64\release\rtl.imp.o in your computer?

2. Have you installed 11.1 from ISO or Web installer?

3. What is the exact 11.1 version you are using? Can you provide the exact version showed in About dialog? Do you have a patch installed? Are you using 11.1.5?

Just tried on a clean Windows 11 64bit machine, Widnows 11 PRO 21H2 Build 22000.856
Under VMWare Fusion 12.2.4 20071091
It worked right away

1. I have the rtl.imp.o file. It's 37792 bytes (Before starting installing TMS)
  2. Installed from Web, not the ISO
  3. Embarcadero® RAD Studio 11 Version 28.0.46111.0902

Installed in that order from fresh, not installed over a previous version:

• Core Business 1.33.0.0
  • Aurelius 5.10.0.0
  • Sparkle 3.21

...and continued with

• XData 5.7.0.0
  • RemoteDB 2.13.2.2
  • Echo 1.10.1.2

SDKs in RadStudio:
Default Android installed by the RadStudio installer: 25.2.5
ios 64 bit: 15.5
macOS: 12.3
Linux64bit: Ubuntu20.04LTS

Is that good news? :wink:

For you, it is! :-) For other customers, I hope so. It really depends if we still see users reporting issues with 11.1. It's still not clear to me if 11.1 solves this issue or not. Some users report they still have it, but now you say you solved it.
Thank you for the feedback.

OK what I'm going to try is to install Sparkle again, over an existing install to see if that causes the problem when it first automatically uninstall Sparkle. We'll see.
Here I had a clean first time install scenario.

I just tried to update my TMS Biz products following the previous recommended process but and still getting the issue when installing Sparkle

Its not a clean install but Windows 11 64bit machine 21H1

1. I have the rtl.imp.o file. It's 37792 bytes
  2. Previouslly installed from ISO
  3. Embarcadero® RAD Studio 11.1
  4. Installed Core Business 1.34.0.0
  5. Installed Aurelius 5.11.0.0
  6. Sparkle 3.22 - ERROR installing

Yes, running 11.2,

1. rtl.imp.o does exist in the linux release directory.
  2. I used the web installer.
  3. 11.2
  4. still have the issue compiling linux

but rtl.imp.o does not exist in the linux debug directory

We expect 11.2 to fix the issue, at least in most cases. So please update to latest version.

That's expected, rtl.imp.o is only in release folder.

Hi,

Unfortunately, after upgrading Delphi from 11.1 to 11.2 I have the same problem with reinstall Sparkle, I have to do the workaround described by Wierzbicki Arkadiusz.

Same to me. Uses D11.2 German (Version 28.0.46141.0937 ) and newest BIZ Product. Works with the workaraound by Wierzbicki Arkadiusz.

1 Like

Hi
In case you are still struggling with this issue here is how it can be resolved permanently:

At first I updated my Delphi with my standard approach:

1. Download a new version
  2. Uninstall TMS components
  3. Uninstall Delphi
  4. Install Delphi
  5. Download SDKs
  6. Install TMS components.

And it turned out that the issue still exists - the same problem occured with compiling Sparkle in debug mode for Linux64.
I also encountered a similar problem when I was trying to install Aurelius for Linux (it complained about dbrtl package that was not recompiled), so I decided to clean the mess and start EVERYTHING from scratch.

So I did the following:

1. Uninstalled Delphi
  2. Deleted the Embarcadero keys from the registry.
  3. Deleted the Embarcadero directory from Program Files (x86) as it contained some artifacts from previous installations.
  4. Deleted TMSSoftware keys from the registry.
  5. Restarted my computer
  6. Started the Delphi installer (web version) to install everything from scratch.
  7. Once Delphi got installed I added SDKs for Linux (from Ubuntu 18), macOS and iOS.
    I clicked YesToAll when I was asked if I want to replace existing files while I was importing SDKs.
  8. Once all SDKs were installed I started TMSSubscriptionManager2 and installed TMS Business Core Library, TMS Aurelius and eventually TMS Sparkle without any problems!
    I selected a different target directory for TMS components to ensure that some old artifacts do not interfere with the latest installer.

I hope it helps!
Cheers!
Arek

1 Like

Any News here?

I just started using Linux a few days ago.
And after 2 days after WSL 2, Docker, PAServer, etc. was fully functional, it took me 6 hours to get from the first compile error (Sparkle) to here.
Debug-DCU=False is my first solution.

RAD Studio 11.3 Patch 1
Delphi Version 28.0.47991.2819

Unfortunately not. We don't know what causes this, and we can't get a proper response from Embarcadero.