Display Rich txt after saving (AdvRichEditor)

I am using the AdvRichEditor in a form it saves the richtext to a varchar field ( AdvRichEditor1.SaveToStream(ss);) in the database and the save is sucessfull however when I try to retrieve the text an display it in the AdvRichEditor (AdvRichEditor1.LoadFromStream(ss);) I get an error sayin it cannot load the stram

var
RichContent: String;
ss : TStringStream;
s1: String;
ss1 : TStringStream;
begin
inherited;

RichContent:= tbltesttable.GetValue('test_field');

ss := TStringStream.Create(RichContent);
try

AdvRichEditor1.LoadFromStream(ss); //code errors here

SaveToStream() writes as a binary stream. This will be problematic in a varchar field. If you want to use SaveToStream(), LoadFromStream(), please use a binary blob field.

is there a way to save and retrieve rich text to a Varchar field

used jvrichEdit(delphi-jedi) and it works fine with varchar fields

jvrichedit1.Lines..SaveToStream(ss);
tbltesttabele.setvalue('test_field',copy(ss.DataString,1,length(ss.DataString) -1));

var
s: String;
ss : TStringStream;
begin
inherited;

s:= tbltesttable.GetValue('test_field');
s1:= tblHelpModule.GetValue(''test_field');
jvrichedit1.PlainText := false;
jvrichedit2.PlainText := false;
ss := TStringStream.Create(s);
ss1 := TStringStream.Create(s1);
try
jvrichedit1.Lines.LoadFromStream(ss);
// jvrichedit2.Lines.LoadFromStream(ss1);
finally
ss.Free;
ss1.Free;
end;

Via RTF via the TAdvRichEditorRTFIO component

Hi Bruno
I still cannot load the field this is my code (It does not give me an error now) TAdvRichEditorRTFIO is connected to the AdvRichEditor1.

AdvRichEditor1.SaveToStream(ss);
tbltest.setvalue('test_field',copy(ss.DataString,1,length(ss.DataString) -1));

// load
var
RichContent: String;
ss :TStringStream;
begin
inherited;

RichContent:= tbltest.GetValue('test_field');

ss := TStringStream.Create(RichContent);
try

AdvRichEditorRTFIO1.Load(ss);

finally
ss.Free;

If you are going to use RTF, you need to do BOTH the read & write in RTF.

Thanks It worked. Is there a property that I need to turn off or on (AdvRichEdit) to have the ability to go to the next line (Line break ) when the "enter" key is pressed. When I press enter it goes to select font type.

I'm not sure I understand. Pressing enter inserts a linebreak always. Do you see something different? If so, how exactly can this be reproduced?

The cursor is on testing and when I hit the enter key it highlights the font selection rather than inserting a line break

I dropped a TAdvRichEditorFormatButtonBar and TAdvRichEditor on the form but I could not reproduce such behavior.
What do you do different from this?
If a problem persists, please isolate this and send a sample source project with which we can reproduce this here.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.