Directives "async" and "assembler" unsupported in VSC editor

Hello,

as I haven't found this issue mentioned here I would like to point out that the procedure/function directives "async" and "assembler" seem to be unsupported by the VSC editor (TMS Web Core VSC v1.8.24831). Even if the code compiles successfully the red underlined directives and the false error messages "'Colon' expected found ';'" in the "Problems" pane distract from real errors. I would therefore like to suggest an update of the editor's parser rules to get these directives supported.

Kind regards
Michael

It is a shortcoming in OmniPascal, the extension used in Visual Studio Code for Pascal code parsing. We will investigate if the author of OmniPascal can extend it or if we can find another workaround.

I understand. Thank you very much for considering a fix. What makes this issue somewhat annoying is that the parsing of the pascal code stops at the first occurrence of “async” or “assembler” so that further errors in the respective unit aren’t highlighted in the editor. Maybe you can tweak this behaviour even if there isn’t a workaround for the problem itself. Please let me point out, that apart from that I’m excited about the power of TMS Web Core inside VSC. It makes programming the browser real fun.

Kind regards

Michael

image006.jpg

Thanks for your feedback!
For async, we added the option to be able to specify it also through the attribute [async].
Did you try this?

No, I didn’t know that this is possible, but I tried now and it works.

Thank you very much for your support!

image006.jpg