Digital metaphors Report builder and Aurelius

Hello!

I have a problem printing reports with many pages (above 70 pages). The problem is memory consumption that I think is on the Aurelius side (not an error, could be that I've done something wrong). Report Builder (RB) displays a print preview and begins the phase "Calculating pages" - upon here is all OK. But when the phase "Drawing pages" begins, the memory consumption raises by 100 Mb/sec until 1.3 Gb and then an error is displayed. Report builder uses TAureliusDatasets for data pipelines.

Debugger Exception Notification

Project Easy.exe raised exception class EPNGOutMemory with message 'Some operation could not be performed because the system is out of resources. Close some windows and try again.'.

When RB draws the pages, a lot of SQL queries are executed, to populate the objects. But I can't figure out why the memory consumption is so large, If I check the queries, they don't return many rows, just populate some of the class properties (like customer data,.. etc.). I treid to decrease the SubpropsDepth and toggle CreateSelfField and IncludeUnpappedObjects, but is doesn't seems to affect the consumption.

I would kindly ask if you have any ideas where to go with the debugging of the problem, because I'm out of ideas :( and your knowledge of the Aurelius is immensely greater than mine.

I know I asked a quite generic question, so if you need any additional info, just ask and I will provide it.

Have a nice day! :)

Does it also happen if you skip print preview visualization and run it as for direct printing?

Yes, I'm afraid you will have to isolate the problem. Why do you think it's an Aurelius problem and not the report generation process?

The error mentions "EPNGOutMemory" exception which suggests something related to PNG - which Aurelius obviously doesn't care about. Also, you should test gathering all objects of the same query in a loop and keep all them in memory, without generating the report, and see if some error happens.

Thanks for the tips! Reading the error I wasn't seeing th "PNG" part of error :slight_smile:

Going to work, will add the solution if I find it for documentation purposes.

Hello!

You were right, it was a RB issue. After your tip about the error I quickly solved the problem. It was so obvious that I feel bad for writing here.. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.