DBSectionListBox1 vs SectionListBox1

I have the following code that produces an EListError when sorting DBSectionlistBox but works fine when sorting SectionlistBox. I'm I missing some additional code?

-----------------------------

implementation

{$R *.dfm}

procedure TForm1.LB_BtnClick(Sender: TObject);

begin

SectionListBox1.SortAllSections; //Hdr sorting OK

end;

procedure TForm1.dbLB_BtnClick(Sender: TObject);

begin

DBSectionListBox1.SortAllSections; //Hdr sorting produces EListError

end;

procedure TForm1.FormCreate(Sender: TObject);

Var i: Integer;

Begin

Randomize;

SectionListBox1.Sections.Clear;

SectionListBox1.Clear;

//

DBSectionListBox1.Sections.Clear;

DBSectionListBox1.Clear;

i:= 0;

For i := 0 To 10 Do

Begin

SectionListBox1.Sections.Add.Caption := FormatDateTime('mmm dd, yyyy HH:MM:SS am/pm', Now + RandomRange(5, 365)) + ' - record: ' + IntToStr(i+1) + ' of 101';

SectionListBox1.Sections.Items.SubItems.Text := 'SubItem date:' + #9#9#9#9#9 + DateToStr(Date + i);

SectionListBox1.Sections.Items.SubItems.add('by:' + #9#9#9#9#9 + ' Me');

//

DBSectionListBox1.Sections.Add.Caption := FormatDateTime('mmm dd, yyyy HH:MM:SS am/pm', Now + RandomRange(5, 365)) + ' - record: ' + IntToStr(i+1) + ' of 101';

DBSectionListBox1.Sections.Items.SubItems.Text := 'SubItem date:' + #9#9#9#9#9 + DateToStr(Date + i);

DBSectionListBox1.Sections.Items.SubItems.add('by:' + #9#9#9#9#9 + ' Me');

End;

//---------------------------

//Debugger Exception Notification

//Project Project1.exe raised exception class EListError with message 'Invalid property value'.

//Break   Continue   Help

//

// TSECTIONLISTBOX component vs 1.9.2.9

//Calling procedure TListSectionCollection.SwapSections(idx1, idx2: Integer);

//line # 3903: ls := TListSection.Create(self);

//recieving constructor TListSection.Create(Collection: TCollection);

//line # 3423 inherited Create(Collection);

End;

I see you're trying to use TDBSectionListBox as a non DB-aware TSectionListBox, i.e. you're not using the Section's datasource. The TDBSectionListBox is designed to be used with a section's datasource. If you do not want to use it with this datasource, we'd suggest to use a TSectionListBox instead.

The code segment was for testing. in another program I'm using the data-aware portion of the DBSectionListBox. when I tried to sort the DB listbox header section it produced the indicated error.

in an effort to see what I was possible doing incorrectly it used both components for testing.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

M

So far I could not reproduce this here. Would it be possible to send some sample source project using a TClientDataSet for example with which we can reproduce this here so we can investigate?

You can send this via email to support.