DBAdvWebGrid: clicking a cell and editing

Hello,

I have a 'DBAdvWebGrid' where I need to be able to edit only a column of it and that column is set as 'ctNormal' and 'Editor' to 'edSpinEdit', but I need to detect when other columns (not editable) are clicked. If I set the property ''MouseSelect' to "msEdit' I can edit that column but I can't detect the other columns if they are clicked. 

Do you have any suggestion to help me on this situation?

Thank you.

Joao Lira.

Hi,

You can set MouseSelect to msRow or msSingleCell and then use the OnGotoRow or OnCellClick event respectively to programatically set the grid in edit mode.

Example:
procedure TformGrid.TIWAdvWebGrid1CellClick(Sender: TObject; RowIndex,
  ColumnIndex: Integer);
begin
 TIWDBAdvWebGrid1.Edit;
end;

Hello,

I tried put the 'WebDBGrid' in 'Edit mode' programatically as you've suggested but it still didn't show up the 'spinedit' when I clicked in the respective cell. I've tried using both events 'OnGetCellEditorEnabled' (Enabled = true) and 'OnCanEditCell' (Allow = true) but the 'WebDbGrid' didn't enter into 'edit mode as well, but to no avail'. Until now the only way to do that was setting 'MouseSelect' to 'msEdit'. I am using the latest version released for both Intraweb and TMS Intraweb. What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks.

Joao Lira.

Have you tried to put your DataSet in edit mode instead?

If the problem persists, please provide a ready to run sample project that demonstrates the issue so I can further investigate this.
Please also include the following information:
- The version of Delphi you are using
- The version of IntraWeb you are using
- The name and version of the browser you are using

Sample projects can be send by email to: mailto:help@tmssoftware.com