DBAdvGrid, ComboBox with storedValues

Hi all,
I´ve created a table with exactly three units of the typ “integer”. The user should, however, the identifiers (cm, m, KM) see. The integer-value (1, 100, 1000) should be saving. DBAdvGrid.Columns (1) has a property for the identifier “ComboItems”, but not a “ComboValues” for the integer values. So I can not use this. The component AdvDBComboBox has exactly this. I can also across the FormControlEditLink integrate the AdvDBComboBox into DBAdvGrid. But the grid displays, when it is not in the edit mode, the integer values (1, 100, 1000) and not the identifiers (cm, m, KM).
In edit mode the AdvDBComboBox functioning properly. I see the identifiers, and the integer value is saving.
Does anyone have an idea, how always the identifiers instead of the integer values can be displayed in the grid? Without to create a LookUpTable in the database.

Regards,
  Kostas

You can set values for combobox items via:

DBAdvGrid.Columns[index].ComboItems.AddObject('stringvalue',TObject(intvalue));

have you considered this?

Thank you for the answer. This method includes now the intvalue, but in the database is written the stringvalue yet. I would like to write the intvealue in the database. But the grid and the combobox should not view the stringvalue. Is there no easy way?

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 
Regards,
   Kostas

Did you try to return the int value for the selected string via the OnGetEditText event?

So it will certainly work well. I think it would be nice, if a StoredValues property would be added. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Would you pleas take this as a request of new features?

Regards,

Kostas

We've taken note of this and will consider this for a future update.