Bad RemoteDB ServerUri crash on Android

Hello

I migrate my Delphi 10.3.3 project to Delphi 10.4.2 I've latest RemoteDB components, when I enter wrong ServerURI like: "server com" my Android App crash and close unexpectely.

I put my connection into a Try Except but it does not work, on iOS and Windows works like a charm.

The crash event happend when I invoked the connected property = true with the ServerURI on the form I put above.

Why?

Hard to tell. Are you able to debug your application and check where the exception is happening and also see if the expect block of your try..except is reached?

As I wrote you before, the try except works like a charm on iOS and Windows, Not Android.

I wrote you the event before: "The crash event happend when I invoked the connected property = true with the ServerURI: server com "

Although we can't reproduce a crash here, we can see it shows a blank error message. We have fixed this, and maybe it's related to the crash you are experiencing. Next version will include the fix.

Bad solution, you don't need to show any message, instead of return an error message string and let us programmers show the message in our own routines.

It's not showing a message, it's raising an exception. It's up to you or the application library to handle it.