AdvStringGrid to a PDF file

Good morning,

how I can export AdvStringGrid directly to a pdf file, in the same way (o similar) i do with AdvGridRTFIO to Xls file?

Thanks

that is currently not yet possible though this is being worked and planned for the near future

Hi Bruno,

Can you give a more precise date when AdvStringGrid to pdf file (also for DBAdvStringGrid)  is released ?

Thanks
Ake Pettersson

Is available already via TMS Grid Filters 2.0

http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advgridfilters.asp
See version history for v2.0 : http://www.tmssoftware.com/site/advgridfilters.asp?s=history

Bruno,
I have been waiting for a way to export grids to PDF for a long time, this might be what I need.
To clarify, it looks like I'd first have to purchase the FlexCel component, then install the AdvFilter pack ?

I don't have needs for XLS export, the one in AdvStringGrid works for me,  but exporting a grid to a PDF to a grid is very important to me.

TMS Grid Filters v2.0 will now also export to PDF (in addtion to .XLS, .XLSX, .HTML)
You can try this out with TAdvStringGrid + trial version of Flexcel and install TMS Grid Filters.

There is unfortunately not a Flexcel with just PDF and XLS/XLSX removed. It would actually be a lot of work to separate the PDF part from the XLS/XLSX part and we doubt it is worth doing for an already aggressively low priced product like Flexcel. 

Still trying to get a PDF export from an AdvStringGrid.
So I purchased FlexCel, installed it successfully,  and now when I try to install the AdvFilters20, it says I don't have AdvancedStringgrid, which I most certainly do.  I updated to the latest AdvStringGrid, but still get the error.  Am i missing something else ?

Hi,

The installer checks for any of the following registry keys in HKCU:
'Software\tmssoftware\TAdvStringGrid'
 'Software\tmssoftware\TMS Component Pack'
 'Software\tmssoftware\TMS Grid Pack'

Can you verify if you have any of those entries in your registry?  
But in any case, if you have AdvStringGrid correctly installed, you can choose "ignore" in that dialog and install anyway. If you ignore the warning, does the component gets installed or do you get any other error?

I did the "Ignore" but it looks like the build did not work. Here is the log.  Any ideas ?
I tried to manually build, but it seems to need a "tmsdxe2" package.

This is Delphi Xe2 with hotfix 1, I have Advanced String Grid, TMS Pack for FireMonkey,  FlexCel latest, and TMS Smooth Controls installed.

Microsoft (R) Build Engine Version 3.5.30729.5420
[Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 2.0.50727.5456]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

Build started 11/16/2012 6:55:58 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" on node 0 (Make target(s)).
  Creating directory ".\Win32\Debug".
  Creating directory "..\bpl\Win32".
_PasCoreCompile:
  Embarcadero Delphi for Win32 compiler version 23.0
  Copyright (c) 1983,2011 Embarcadero Technologies, Inc.

AdvGridExportFilters.dpk(39) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'tmsdxe2' not found
C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(157,5): error MSB6006: "dcc" exited with code 1.
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" (Make target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" (Make target) (1) ->
(_PasCoreCompile target) ->
  C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\9.0\Bin\CodeGear.Delphi.Targets(157,5): error MSB6006: "dcc" exited with code 1.

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:01.60

Build started 11/16/2012 6:56:00 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" on node 0 (Make target(s)).
  Creating directory ".\Win32\Release".
_PasCoreCompile:

AdvGridExportFilters.dpk(39) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'tmsdxe2' not found
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" (Make target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters.dproj" (Make target) (1) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.48

Build started 11/16/2012 6:56:01 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" on node 0 (Make target(s)).
  Borland Resource Compiler  Version 5.40
  Copyright (c) 1990, 1999 Inprise Corporation.  All rights reserved.
_PasCoreCompile:

AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dpk(38) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'tmsdxe2' not found
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" (Make target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" (Make target) (1) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.85

Build started 11/16/2012 6:56:02 AM.
Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" on node 0 (Make target(s)).
  Borland Resource Compiler  Version 5.40
  Copyright (c) 1990, 1999 Inprise Corporation.  All rights reserved.
_PasCoreCompile:

AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dpk(38) Fatal: E2202 Required package 'tmsdxe2' not found
Done Building Project "C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" (Make target(s)) -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

"C:\Users\Mitchell\Documents\TMSSoftware\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridExportFilters_DESIGN.dproj" (Make target) (1) ->

0 Warning(s)
    1 Error(s)

Time Elapsed 00:00:00.49

Hi,

I've investigated a little more (I am no expert in tms pack distributions) and the reason for this error is that advstringgrid is in different packages depending in what you install. When you have tmspack then AdvStringgrid is in tmsdxe2, but when you only have advstringgrid, then it is in asgdxe2.  The package is coded against tmsdxe2, and this is why the installer is failing.

To fix it, you will have to make a manual install:
1) Go to the folder <install folder>\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2
2)Open the 2 dpk and the 2 dproj files there, and search and replace tmsdxe2 with asgdxe2
3)From Delphi, open AdvGridFilters.groupproj and right click both projects, choosing install for both of them. 

Once you do this, the filters should be installed.

Regards,
   Adrian.

Hi,
I purchased FlexCel, installed it successfully,  and also install the AdvFilters20, (works fin in win32) but what I can se AdvFilters2.0 dos not support VCL Win64, I could not compile for Win64, Is it going to be included son ?

Hi,

64 bits is fully supported, but the installer doesn't install 64 bit packages for AdvFilters. This is because the AdvGrid/TmsPack setup doesn't install 64bit packages either, so we can't install the filers without knowing if you have a 64bit advstringgrid.

But if you have built AdvStringGrid for 64 bits, then you manually install advfilters and use the filters in 64 bits too. Code works and is tested in 64 bits.

You don't need to change FlexCel, since it already installs 32 and 64 bit packages.

Adrian,
Thanks for the help but still problems.

[DCC Fatal Error] asgdxe2.dpk(102): F2051 Unit AsgHTMLE was compiled with a different version of PictureContainer.THTMLPictureCache

I have gotten similar messages before, and have had to jump through hoops to fix them, and i think it is mainly because I have purchased the components separately and when I try to install them I get conflicts like these.  I am going to contact TMS and see if I can switch to some sort of overall package instead of having all these different components installed separately.  If I were to switch to the TMS Component pack might these continuing problems go away ?

Hi,

Good to know it works, but how do I install it manually, do you have a short description
Thanks.

Well, this might be a little complex and there are many ways to do it, so I'll start with the simplest:

1)Don't do anything. Components work just fine in 64 bits, but as there isn't a 64 bit runtime package of AdvStringGrid (Which you don't need anyway), Delphi will gray out the component in the palette. But it will still work.

So what you would do is just select win32 target for your app, drop the AdvExcelExport component, and then go back to win64. Then compile in 64 bits and it should work.

2)A variant of 1), as the problem is with the ide and the component registration, just create the AdvExcelExport at runtime instead of at design time. Again, it will work fine in 64 bits.

3)The last option is the "correct" way to do it, but be warned that it might or not might work, the IDE keeps caches and it might still report the component as 32 bit even if it is 64. The steps are:

3a) Open tmsdXE2group.groupproj (in the component pack) and add a 64 bit target to tmsdxe3.
  3b) Compile it. It will give an error about bde not being available in 64 bits, and will position you in the line with the error. Comment the bdertl line:

requires
  vcl,
  VCLSMP,
  VCLDB,
  vclimg,
  rtl,
  vclactnband,
  dbrtl,
  xmlrtl,
  vclx,
  //bdertl,
  adortl;

After that, if you compile it should work.

3c) Open <install folder>\AdvGridFilters\Packages\dXE2\AdvGridFilters.groupproj in Delphi
  3d) Build TMSFMXGridFilters project in both 32 and 64 bits.
  3e) Build TMSFMXGridFilters_DESIGN in only 32 bits (design packages are only 32 bits as delphi itself is 32 bits)

After this (And probably restarting the ide) you should see the component available in both 32 and 64 bits. But you might not, the ide has some kind of memory here, and sometimes it won't show even if you registered it right.

As said, I would just go with 1), drop the component in 32 bits and then use it in 64. Once you have one in your form, you can copy and paste it too. I don't think the work of going through 3 is really worth is, especially since we are releasing a new version next week, and you would have to do it again. I really wish there was a simpler way to do it, but that's what I can say.

Regards,
   Adrian.

Thank you Adrian,

I follow your advice and stay with option 1 (maybee 2) this time.

Thanks Ake