AdvDBGrid HideColumns

IDE: XE2

I have a table with more than 30+ columns and am hiding columns 9 - 12 using the following:

dbGrid.hidecolumns(9,12)

The size of these columns is defined as 3 characters in the table.  The size of the columns 13 - 16 is varchar(255).  I am setting the edit property for columns 13 - 16 as 'edFloat' in the 'OnGetEditorTyhpe' event procedure with a floatformat of '%.2f'.

If the columns 9 - 12 are hidden, columns 13 - 16 will only allow editing of 3 characters max.

If the columns 9 - 12 are not hidden, columns 13 - 16 seem to allow editing according to the floatformat.

This behavior started occuring when I updated my TMS Componet Pack to 6.9.0.  I currently have v 6.9.1.1 installed and this is still occurring. 

I need a suggested work around, including the possibility of a reversion to a previous TMS Component Pack version so that I can deploy an updated application for our production environment.

Let me know if you need any clarification for this issue.

Thanks.

Are you hiding the columns AFTER you activated the dataset?

You mention floatformat, does that mean you implement the OnGetFloatFormat event?
Does it help when you set the edit input length via grid.MaxEditLength from the OnGetEditorProp event?

* Are you hiding the columns AFTER you activated the dataset?
Yes.

* You mention floatformat, does that mean you implement the OnGetFloatFormat event?
No. This is set after activating the data set using the following:

dbgDetails.ColumnByFieldName['LineItemCharges'].FloatFormat := '%.2f' ;

*Does it help when you set the edit input length via grid.MaxEditLength from the OnGetEditorProp event?
No.

(sorry for the delayed response - thanks for your help!)

Are you doing

dbgDetails.ColumnByFieldName['LineItemCharges'].FloatFormat := '%.2f' ;
BEFORE hiding columns?

I retested this here and when setting up the grid and AFTER that, performing column hiding, I cannot see an issue here.