Adding more properties in the Dialog to allow assign his values.

Improve the "Control Binding" dialog.

This dialog is shown in the first option of the contextual menu of a TMS web form.

It allows us to associate our TWeb components, like TWebLabel, TWebButton, TWebDBEdit, etc, with our HTML components labeled with an "Id" tag.

The next is the most common task when dropping a component in our Delphi form.

• 1st, We assign a name property to the component and its Caption (when needed)
  • 2nd, We assign the DataSource and DataField properties (if needed)
  • 3rd, We assign the ElementID and the ElementClassName to the component for good bootstrap representation.

The improvement I propose is to include these other properties in the Dialog, allowing an almost complete assignment of related properties.

i.e.: Adding Caption, DataSource, DataField, ElementID and ElementClassName in the Dialog to allow assign his values.

Thanks!

You mean a sort of object inspector for a limited set of properties within this dialog?

It may be an option.

The current grid format is suitable, too, but turning off the cells that are not pertinent to the component type.

The current use is very effective because it represents the binding between the Delphi Components and the HTML components tagged with an ID. But, in my experience, the programmer typically sets a small number of properties when doing this task.

Caption, DataSource, DataField, ElementID and ElementClassName are the most important and related.

In my team's case, we use a name schema that involves all these properties.

Example: If the Data Field is Called POSTAL_CODE, the component TWebDBEdit is called "EditPOSTAL_CODE," the ElementID is also "EditPOSTAL_CODE," and the Caption is set to "Postal Code." Finally, the ElementClassName is a consequence of the template, but all the TWebDBEdit are always assigned the same value. You can copy and paste from other components in this list.

It can be a powerful tool because you make almost all the work in one component editor.

Delphi IDE and other IDEs have many component editors, such as the TabOrder or TColor editor, that duplicate the assignment of property values.

Thanks.