Adapter UniDAC is not supported at design time

Wagner, it does the connection, it shows IBDac as the adapter name but it doesn't show the entities. BTW I tried the same with Firedac and in the entities it only show tables, no view and no selection store procedures that are used very often in Firebird world.

Thanks,

The importer doesn't import views or stored procedures, only tables.

In this case tables doesn't work neither. It shows an empty grid.

There is nothing different from the Aurelius point of view to retrieve the tables. It's just a select statement executed in the database. If UniDAC works but IBDAC doesn't, there might something with the connection configuration, I guess.

You can try to execute the SQL directly using IBDAC or directly in the database and see what does it return:

SELECT RDB$RELATION_NAME AS TABLE_NAME 
    FROM RDB$RELATIONS
    WHERE 
    RDB$VIEW_BLR IS NULL AND
    (RDB$SYSTEM_FLAG = 0 OR RDB$SYSTEM_FLAG IS NULL)
    ORDER BY RDB$RELATION_NAME

Connection configuracion is good. THe query you sent works good by itself but the grid is empty. If you want I can send you a trace from Firebird and you will see.

What do you mean by "the grid is empty"? Does the same SQL returns empty with IBDAC, but returns values with UniDAC? I'm talking about a direct SQL with no Aurelius involved.

The SQL query returns what it has to return in IBExpert. In the Grid of th aurelious entities it doesn;t return anything as you can see in the image. At the end I think I wont use Aurelius, too much trouble. I'm studing your course to see if I get new ideas on how to accomplish this. Finally it have been 3 weeks and the simplest thing is not working.

I'd like to stress, again, that IBDAC is simply not officially supported by TMS Aurelius. That's why I always ask you about how the UniDAC driver behaves.

We don't have IBDAC here, we don't have automated tests that test IBDAC, etc. Still we are allocating some time trying to help you out to use it.

If the UniDAC driver works, and IBDAC driver doesn't, everything is working fine from what we support, and there might be some IBDAC specific thing that is slightly different than how UniDAC works. The IBDAC driver is a contribution from other customers who used it and sent to us. We never tested it.

1 Like

I understand, it is ok. Anyway I'm thinking on how to improve the performance of what I want to do and anyway Aurelius probably is not the way. Soon I will get in touch with you by the course page. Thanks again.

1 Like