ActiveCell color ?

Hi All,

In an AdvWebGrid (non-data aware) I let the users sort the rows according to the column header text.

I then show an IWEdit with focus, and for every keypress, I search from row 0 and forward for a match of the IWEdit1 text in the cells of the column selected, stopping at the first match. I want to make that row the "default" row , showing the user where it is. ActiveRow can do that, if I set active row to a color different from clNone.

I would however like to only color the actual cell with another color, leaving the rest of the row in the same color as the grid. That would resemble an "ActiveCell" function, which is what I need.

Is there such a function in the current version of the AdvWebGrid ?

Regards
Soren

Hi,

You can use the OnGetCellProp event to set a custom color for a specific cell.
Hi Bart,

Thanks. I've been trying to use the function, but it requires the page to be reloaded, and as I'm using an OnAsyncKeyPress function to find the cell I want to color, I dont seem to be able to reload the page. I've tried with a OnClick event of a hidden button, but it don't seem to do the trick. I've tried with a timer and have the button.onclick event called from the timers.OnTimer event, but it still do not reload.

What is the trick to get the page reloaded from code ?

Regards
Soren

Hi,

You can initiate a full page refresh by using the following JavaScript in the ScriptEvents:

return SubmitClick('IWBUTTON1','optional_parameter', false);
Hi Bart,

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I think it will be useful in many situations.

Regards
Soren