TAdvToolBar freezing?

Many of my customers have now reproduced this problem. This needs fixing.

Do you want me to test the versions between 10.8.2.0 and 10.8.4.0 (which I don't have, you have to provide them) and narrow this down further?

Or should I start removing TMS toolbar from my code to fix this?

Update: Scratch that - the workaround DOES NOT work in the final code, just in the bug example code. The component remains useless.

I managed to create a workaround. I currently resize controls, and then I move them around. If I reverse that order (first move, and then resize) the code doesn't freeze.

However, that doesn't mean the problem is still not there in the code. I will add this workaround to my code, but I can't rely on this component any longer until you fix the actual cause of the bug. Again, I can test the TMS releases you provide, if you want me to.

We sent a private message with download links for previous releases.

Thank you. I completed the testing.

All versions before 2022-10-20 work fine. So the last version which works fine is therefore - 2022-10-03.

Versions starting with 2022-10-20 (10.8.4.0) - freeze. Code is identical, I only modified TMS version by de-installing and installing newer ones.

I also noticed something else.

There is a difference in rendering of the buttons (the code is identical, the only difference is VCL UI Pack version):

So likely a change in - 10.8.4.0 (2022-10-20) - started causing the problem. You have obviously changed something how the buttons are spaced, which may or may not be related.

All tests preformed in C++ Builder RAD Studio Pro, 10.4.2 (Sydney).

If MoveToolBarControl calls are removed, it stops freezing as well. It may be related. It may also be related that the TAdvOfficeFontSelector may somehow be causing this. I cannot find the relation, so these are only observations.

You should test in the same versions of RAD studio I tested in (10.4.2) and (11.0.0). I didn't have time to install newer versions like 11.2 yet.