Questions about implementing PWA offline startup

So I guess I never saw it because I've been only working on the same WEB Core project since the release of 2.1.2 this week and I have the IDE set to resume where I left off upon startup.

This setting could resume maybe bypasses our plugin detecting the new version. Interesting feedback, we'll investigate.

I haven't yet added SSL certification to my own server so I'm limited to installing the PWA to the "localhost" machine so far, but it appears to be working as expected there. The only oddity I've seen so far is that there are repeated error messages in the console about failure to access Manifest.json when the server is offline. Is this "normal" or should there be some additional caching?

Here's the console with error messages, fyi:

There should be a manifest.json file in your output folder. This is default part of the PWA project.
You should see this file when you create a new PWA project in the IDE. Make sure it remains part of your project and this way, is also in the output folder when you compile.

There is a Manifest.json file in the output folder, but I saw that it was not included in serviceworker.js's list of cached files. So I added that and the png file that was mentioned in another console error and all the errors vanished except the initial one caused by the attempt to access the offline server (see below). So maybe the PWA compilation needs further attention. (This project was initiated in Web Core 2.0.x and now I'm up to verson 2.1.x. Does that impact this issue?)

We'll consider to automatically add manifest & icons to the serviceworker cache file list.
For the network error, you see some more details in the network tab of the browser console?

Thanks. Meanwhile, is there a way to specify additional files to the compiler? Or should I just continue to edit the output serviceworker.js?

The network error is caused by having the server intentionally offline for this test.

Just add the files you want cached to your project

How do you mean that I should "add" them? They're all shown in the IDE Project properties window already (see below), but the Manifest.json and png files are not cached without my manually adding them to serviceworker.js in the output folder after each compilation.

I also note that they appear here:

We've applied an improvement for this that will be in the next update.

Ok, thanks. I'll watch for it.