FMXGrid Column Width Problem

OK, was simpe. TBindSourceDB CachedUpdate = true

Hi I still struggle with the Grids, If I use livebindings to connect the grid to the data should I rather use TMSFMXLiveGrid or the TMSFMXGrid? with both I struggle to change the headings for the columns because the field names in the tables are not always so user friendly and the column sizes as well. I'm new to FMX I need to change the display format of the columns as well , like the fields that are money field I need to display the comma and currency symbol.

Please assist

Hi, 

for LiveBindings it is better to use the TTMSFMXLiveGrid. You can change the headers of the columns in the OnGetCellData event dynamically. You can also format the data inside this event.

Kind Regards, 
Pieter

I have same problem. Changed first column width to 250 and then close and open project revert that back to default (68 I think).

We are not able to reproduce this issue. Setting 250, will save the value and then reopening the grid will keep 250 as a value. It's unclear what exactly is happening, are you using the latest version?

Managed to solve this by setting width on FormShow

Thanks for reporting. You can also call NeedStyleLookup / ApplyStyleLookup sequentially and then afterwards set the column width, which will have the same effect as setting it in the formshow event.